A modern, hi-tec operating theatre at The Tunbridge Wells Hospital with the latest in equipment and facilities, leading the way in healthcare
Air Ambulance landing at The Tunbridge Wells Hospital A & E Department - providing vital links to all emergency services.
HRH The Countess of Wessex chatting to staff and our Chairman, Gary Purdy. The Countess, who is originally from Kent, is a great supporter of the hospital.
What we do
We have provided vital equipment to the hospital every year since 1954. In the past year, The League of Friends was responsible for the following equipment:
- Maternity breast pumps x3
- Naso endoscope ENT O/Pats x 2
- Naso endoscope out of hours ENT
- Resuscitaire Maternity
- Recliner chairs for discharge lounge
- Multi-handed care equipment
- Continued support for the diabetes project of £85,000.
- Provision of televisions in all rooms £340,000
- Ongoing Diabetes Project £250,000
- Wifi provision
- Christmas extras for all wards
- Falls prevention alarms in patient wards
- Insulin pumps
- Bladder scanner with trolley A & E
- Telemetry Equipment Maternity
- Donation to Hospital Radio
- Safe sides Paediatrics
- Vital signs monitor
We rely on donations and your support is vital to us. There are many ways you can support us. READ MORE