What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you express an interest in becoming a member of the League of Friends. This includes:
- Your name
- Your home address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
- The date you joined the League of Friends
- Your link to Tunbridge Wells Hospital and/or the League of Friends, if appropriate
- Gift Aid forms (only held in paper format), as appropriate
Our website uses Google Analytics, which tracks and reports website traffic and operates in similar ways as cookies. It does not store or capture personal information of users with general public access, but does log the IP address of a visitor.
How do we collect this personal information?
All the information collected is obtained directly from you when you voluntarily contact us by post, telephone and/or email, and when you visit our website. For members, this is usually at the point of your initial registration. The information will be collected via membership forms.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information:
- To process your membership registration;
- To process your donations, including gift aid;
- To inform you about the fundraising activities and events that we run, including our Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- To inform you about the equipment and services we provide to Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
We may contact you by email, post and telephone.
We will NEVER sell your personal data.
Please be advised that personal data relating to finances will be kept for at least 6 years as this is essential to our Accounting System. This data will only be used in order to retain financial accounting details.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose information about you, including your personal information:
- Internally - to committee members, as required to facilitate your participation in our activities;
- Externally - In processing your payments (for donations and/or membership registration), we may send your details to our bank (CAF);
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for other legal and regulatory reasons, for example to complete the online Gift Aid reclaim annually, to comply with HMRC Requirements, and to comply with the requirements of the Charities Act 2011.
Where we need to share your information outside of the League of Friends, we will seek your explicit written consent and inform you as to who the information will be shared with, and for what purpose.
How do we store your personal information and maintain the security of your information?
Gift Aid forms and any information related to donations and legacies are held in paper format only.
Your membership information is held on our electronic Membership Database, and is accessed by the Committee Members when required, on a need-to-know basis.
Emails, text messages and letters that we send to you or you send to us may be retained as a record of contact and your email address will be stored for future use.
How can you access your information, update or correct your information?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please email or write to us at the contact address shown below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information which is no longer accurate. You can do this by contacting the Membership Secretary at the contact address shown below.
If, at any time, you decide you no longer wish us to contact you, please advise the Membership Secretary at the contact address shown below.
Availability and changes to this policy
This policy is available on our website, and on request in writing.
- by post:
The League of Friends of Tunbridge Wells Hospital
c/o Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Tonbridge Road, Pembury
Kent TN2 4QJ
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org